When parking your car on the street there’s always a little worry that someone may try to steal it, and if you own certain vehicles you have a particularly good reason to be concerned.
- Well, the National Insurance Crime Bureau just released their annual “Hot Wheels” reports, identifying the ten most stolen vehicles in the country, so you may want to beware if you own them.
- Overall, Ford Full-Size Pick-Ups tops the list of the most stolen vehicle last year.
- According to the “Hot Wheels” report, 38,938 Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) were stolen last year, with the 2006 the most stolen model.
Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles Last Year
- Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (38,938)
- Honda Civic (33,220)
- Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (32,583)
- Honda Accord (30,745)
- Toyota Camry (15,656)
- Nissan Altima (13,355)
- Toyota Corolla (12,137)
- Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size) (11,292)
- GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (11,164)
- Honda CR-V (10,094)
- When it comes model years of cars stolen, the Honda Civic 2000 had the overall most thefts, with 4,731.
- Last year the model years stolen the most include 2018 (47,859 thefts), 2019 models (45,188 thefts), and 2017 models (39,425 thefts).
Top Ten Model, Makes & Years Stolen
- 2000 Honda Civic (4,731)
- 1997 Honda Accord (3,563)
- 2006 Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (3,061)
- 2004 Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (2,099)
- 2019 Ram Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,547)
- 2001 Honda CRV (1,394)
- 2015 Nissan Altima (1,349)
- 2001 Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,174)
- 2019 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee (1,110)
- 2018 GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,101)