Carly Pearce officially became a member of the Grand Ole Opry last night (Tuesday).
- Dolly Parton invited Carly to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry in June.
- The first song she sang as an Opry member was her number-one hit, “I Hope You’re Happy Now.”
- Trisha Yearwood had the honor of inducting her and joined her in singing “How Do I Live.”
- Carly performed on the Opry 85 times before officially becoming a member.
- Carly honored her grandparents who shared her dream of becoming an Opry member. She said, “My Mamaw and Papaw Pearce, I always told them that if I ever made it here, they would be front row,” In her acceptance speech, Carly said, “And they didn’t get to see that happen, but I really do genuinely feel like they’re here with me tonight, and I know that this was as much my dream as it was theirs.” (People)