There was no lack of great music released in 2016 — and 2017 looks sure to be even better. Here are some of the important albums coming out this year.
- 1/13 – Natalie Hemby – Puxico. Hemby has written hit songs for Miranda Lambert, Toby Keith, Little Big Town and others. She will step into the spotlight with her debut album, named after her grandfather’s Missouri hometown.
- 1/27 – Brantley Gilbert – The Devil Don’t Sleep. His first album since marrying Amber Cochran in 2015 should be packed with songs about his new life experiences.
- 1/27 – Lauren Alaina – Road Less Traveled. The long-awaited full-length follow-up to her debut, Wildflowers, which was released more than five years ago.
- 2/3 – LeAnn Rimes – Remnants. LeAnn’s 11th studio album was released in the U.K. last year.
- 2/10 – Brett Young – Brett Young. The first full-length album from the preacher’s kid who already logged a number-one single with “Sleep Without You.”
- 2/24 – Little Big Town – The Breaker. If “Better Man,” the single written by Taylor Swift, is any indication, The Breaker should be full of stylistic surprises.
- 3/3 – Brad Paisley – Love and War. The album includes collaborations with Demi Lovato, John Fogerty, Timbaland and Mick Jagger.
- 6/30 – RaeLynn – WildHorse. Her first full-length record. She’ll tour in 2017 with her mentor from The Voice, Blake Shelton.
Others expected to release albums in 2017 include:
- Brett Eldredge
- Darius Rucker
- Dustin Lynch
- Granger Smith
- Kelsea Ballerini
- Shania Twain
- Trisha Yearwood
- Tyler Farr