Jeremy Welker, a Lima area firefighter of 19 years (husband of Sheri Welker and father of Brianna, Ben, and Lydia) was diagnosed with Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma, a type of aggressive cancerous brain tumor. He has already undergone brain surgery where they were only able to remove 75% of the tumor. The other 25% of the tumor has brain matter attached to it. Therefore, he will continue to go through several rounds of Chemo and radiation in hopes of diminishing the remainder of the tumor.
To support the Welker Family, the Lima Fire Department (in association with I.A.F.F.) along with friends and family are hosting the “Welker Warriors Rally” to raise funds for hospital bills, travel expenses, and any other expenses the Welkers may have. The Rally will be a family friendly event with food, fun, games, raffles, and a POKER RUN. All proceeds of the Rally will go to the Welker family.
T-shirts will soon be available for preorder. They will also be available the day of the Rally.
Part of the Rally will be a poker run. Cost will be $15 per rider, $10 for passenger. Stops will include Wapak FD, St Mary’s FD, Spencerville FD, Delphos FD, and Lima Central Station FD with home base being the Lima American Legion (roughly a 60 mile ride). Registration begins at 12pm, with the first bike out at 1:00pm and last bike in at 5:00.
Please join us in support of Jeremy and giving cancer the axe!