From Men’s Health:
- Forbidden Phrase #1: “Relax.” Understand, a woman screaming and carrying on in anger or frustration or panic thinks that her response is 100 percent appropriate. You’re denying that there’s a reason to be upset.
- Forbidden Phrase #2: “I love you.” (During a fight) In real life, a woman hears “I love you” most often at that point in a fight when she desperately wants to get to the heart of the issue.
- Forbidden Phrase #3: “It’s up to you.” (a.k.a. “Whatever you want to do is fine with me.”)
- Forbidden Phrase #4: “You knew I was this way when you married me.”
- Forbidden Phrase #5: (Nothing) Say… Anything. Throw the ball back. Throw it badly. Even risk throwing a wild pitch and letting her take an extra base. But keep your head in the game.